2022 Election Dates
- February 15, 2022 - Spring Primary, if needed
- April 5, 2022- Spring Election
- August 9, 2022 - Partisan Primary
- November 8, 2022 - General Election
Voting Polls are located at the Kohler Village Hall, 319 Highland Drive and are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. You must have lived in the Village at least 28 days to vote here. Voters are required to show a photo ID to receive a ballot.
Election Information for the Village of Kohler
Not sure if you're registered to vote? Has your address changed since you last voted? Check out My Vote WI online at http://myvote.wi.gov. this site allows you to: search by name to see if you are registered to vote; update your voter registration information; view a sample ballot; check your voting history; and more. There are also answers to commonly asked questions regarding voting in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Voter Photo ID Law: Wisconsin now requires a photo ID to vote.
Do I have the right photo ID?
These are acceptable for voting purposes and can be unexpired or expired after the date of the most recent general election:
- Wisconsin Dot-issued driver license
- Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
- Military ID card
- U.S. passport
These photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes but must be unexpired:
- Certificate of naturalization issued within the last two years
- Unexpired Wisconsin driver license or identification card receipt
- Photo ID issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college containing date of issuance, student signature and expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance, along with a separate document proving enrollment
These photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes whether they are expired or unexpired:
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
What if I don't have a photo ID?
If you are eligible to vote but do not have a photo ID, you may obtain a free ID from the Department of Motor Vehicles. Apply for the ID as soon as possible. You will not receive it immediately; it will be sent to you in the mail.
Department of Motor Vehicles
3603 Kohler Memorial Drive
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Do I need a photo ID to absentee vote?
Absentee Ballot Requests - requests for ballots sent by mail or email must be accompanied by a photocopy of an acceptable form of voter ID. You will not need to do this with future requests, as long as you have not changed your name or address.
In-person Absentee Voting - if you are casting an absentee ballot in the municipal clerk's office, you must present a photo ID, just as you would at the polls.
Are there exemptions?
Photo ID is not required for the following absentee voters:
- Military voters
- Voters who are permanently overseas
- Confidential voters
- Indefinitely confined voters
- Nursing home residents whose ballots are delivered by special voting deputies
- Residents of care facilities who are not visited by special voting deputies
Wisconsin Voter Registration Application: Click on the link below for a Voter Registration Application. All information must be completed and the form returned to the Clerk/Treasurers Office. All new registrants must provide a document establishing their proof of residence as part of the voter registration application. Valid forms of proof of residence must include the voter's name and current address. Examples: current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or Identification Card; official identification card or license issued by a WI governmental body; real estate tax bill or receipt for current year or year preceding the date of the election; college ID card (must include photo) along with a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months; gas, electric or telephone service statement for period commencing no earlier than 90 days before the Election; bank statement; paycheck, check or other document issued by a unit of government. See information below for important dates regarding Voter Registration. Voter Registration Application
Wisconsin Application for Absentee Ballot: Click on the link below for an Absentee Ballot Application. All information must be completed and the form returned to the Clerk/Treasurers Office. If requesting an absentee ballot by mail, you must include a photocopy of your Photo ID with the request, or a ballot cannot be mailed. Absentee Ballot Application